AI Case Study

DBS automates responses to 82% of their Digibank customer questions using the KAI chatbot

DBS Bank has introduced an online-only banking platform called Digibank in India, Indonesia and Singapore. Customers access the bank through mobile SMS, online or Facebook Messenger using a chatbot developed by Kasisto, KAI. This has automated 82% of responses to customer questions and reduced the bank's infrastructure requirements.

Industry

Financial Services

Banking

Project Overview

"The fully-trained AI offers financial expertise right out of the box, and DBS and others who license it train the system to understand their products, services, and data as well as customize the persona to reflect their brand. KAI learns core banking intents and general financial services knowledge via deep domain expertise before it ever reaches a customer, which means that, when it does reach its destination, banks can focus on training the platform about their specific customers, products, and services.

KAI can field questions and answers, update accounts and help users determine when their next statement will be available and provide information about special offers or their current interest rate. It processes and searches transactions by date, amount, merchant, location and more. ... Users can direct KAI Banking to pay bills, send funds to someone to cover their share of a dinner check and even pause in the middle of a transfer to double check there are enough funds in their account to cover it.

Chat sessions do take place in a secure, authenticated environment, even on Facebook, but banks can – and generally do — choose to limit the level of banking that can be completed each platform. "

Reported Results

"KAI answers 82 percent of inquiries and requests with no human intervention at all and relays the remaining 18 percent to live agents... Still, the 82 percent containment rate has enabled Digibank to reduce operational costs and shift its focus to acquiring new customers for its mobile-only, India-based bank. Launched in April 2016, Digibank now serves more than a million customers with its branchless, paperless, signature-less platform. The KAI platform helped DBS create digibank with one-fifth the resources of a traditional bank set-up."

Technology

KAI works on "cloud or premise foundation. The fully trained AI offers financial expertise right out of the box, though DBS and others who adopt it may wish to customize KAI’s persona to fit their institution."

Function

Customer Service

Technical And Product Support

Background

DBS, one of Asia's largest banks, is reaching more customers through their online-only service option, Digibank, and has integrated with a chatbot platform to answer customer queries through a variety of platforms including mobile and Facebook messenger.

Benefits

Data